Thursday, November 30, 2006

A rush of codd to the hand

By Sean McGrath

Sometimes, typos can be useful. Earlier today I wrote "rush of codd to the hand" in an e-mail when I should have written "rush of code to the hand." The e-mail concerned a not-very-pretty system of my acquaintance (I wrote it), in which the programmer (moi) had starting coding way too early in the development cycle out of sheer youthful enthusiasm.

In my experience, a rush of code to the hand is a very common problem in software development. A problem that is only adequately tackled through the application of large amounts of experience. Looking back now on the programmer I was then (we are talking 1992-93 time frame here), I simply was not experienced enough to make the right call. You live, you make mistakes, you learn, you move on.

Read the full article here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home